UNLOCK THE 007 IN YOU (SANDRA LUCAS)


 

For this activity I will make use of the storytelling technique based on constructing stories from an image. The level at which the activity is aimed is 2nd CSE, concretely I will introduce this activity with my 2nd British class, but surely it will work with any other level of CSE.

I will start the lesson explaining that they are about to watch a frame (or still) of a short video in which something happened to some people, creating some sort of intrigue for them. Then, I will show the frame of minute 0.26, which will be followed by guessing and hypotheses on the part of the students (a bomb will explode, a surprise might happen, they could get a prize…).

Then, I will show them a frame of minute 1.42 and ask them “why are they all singing?”, motivating them to express their ideas. Finally, I will show them the whole video which is in fact an advertisement from the brand Coca Cola. After seeing it, I will ask them to write their name in a piece of paper and some questions about the video using wh-words (What colour is the lady’s dress who bumps into the runner?, why are they running?, how many dogs has the dog walker?, what is the ticket for? How many runners/participants are there?).

To conclude the activity, I will collect all the questions and I will create a quick contest in groups, the groups will answer in turns (except if the person who created the question is in the group, she or he cannot answer). This activity will take up to 40 minutes but it can be adapted to the time you have available asking them to write just one or two questions or making the questions yourself.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)