A NEW TEACHER'S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL (NURIA MACHO)

 Source: A New Teacher's First Day of School - Kleenex® Brand

The first day of school is always very special. This is a story about a new teacher that starts her first day of work at a new school. Who will encourage whom?

Level: 6th level of Primary.

Objective: A general objective is to give a warm welcome to our students., but students will also:

- Promote students' oral skills (by engaging students in predicting what the story is going to be about and by listening to the advert and inferring information)

- Talk about emotions, especially related to the first day of school

- As secondary linguistic objectives, students will also:

• Revise the future tense • Use imperatives (“Remember…” and “Enjoy it!”)

Activities:
1) First, I will show the first image of the video and ask them to describe what they see
2) Secondly, I will explain that they are going to watch a video, but first they have to try to make guesses about what this advert, by using the structure "I wonder" (I will revise that students know the meaning of this verb):

• I wonder how .
• I wonder what
• I wonder where
• I wonder when
• I wonder who
• I wonder why ...


3) After we have seen the advert:

• I wonder how much / many ... • I wonder how often ...
• I wonder if ... • I wonder whether ...
Then, I will ask students to share with the rest of their class what their feels were on the first day of school and how they would describe how the teacher feels

To finish the exercise, students need to finish the little boy’s sentence: “You’re going to do _____.”

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)