LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR CELL PHONE IS CHARGING (YOLANDA MARTÍNEZ)

 


SOURCE: viral-black-mass-photo- betty-sushman-living-in-the-moment- boston.com/news/obituaries/2018/05/31/

Topic: ICT use in our society.

Objectives: Through this lesson plan students will think about how important is the Information and Communication Technology, becoming aware of the positive and negative impacts in our daily lives.

To start, I will read to them this text:

Last friday I was waiting for my favourite actor at the premiere of his new film. While I was looking around and a lot of people were absorbed with their electronic devices. I saw an eldery woman just allowing herself to enjoy the moment through her own senses, not through the lens of an smart phone. She was living completely in the moment, looking with her eyes, not through a screen. I thought she was ignored but she looked so happy... That made me forgot to look at my mobile and enjoy the moment.

Then, I’ll show my students the picture and the activities could be the following:

First of all, I would encourage my students to talk about the picture and the ideas spring to mind looking at the picture. We could talk about their feelings in this given situation and reflect about it in real life. For this, I would ask them these questions:

- What do you think are people photographing?

-Can you find a person without a mobile phone in hand? Can you describe this person? How do you think is she feeling? What is the difference between how is she living the moment and the other people?

-And also we could play funny games: count how many people are holding their phones incorrectly for picture taking/video capturing. Guess who?

At the end, they will have to choose good or bad things related to ICT and they will share their ideas with the whole class.

Finally, they will write about what our dependence on technology and socialmedia might mean for them.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)