HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

 

MAIN OBJECTIVES: TO ENGAGE STUDENTS INTO SPEAKING IN ENGLISH AND TO REVISE HOW TO EXPRESS HYPOTHETICAL IDEAS OR PREDITIONS.

GROUP LEVEL: THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN DESIGNED FOR 6TH GRADE STUDENTS. STORY SEEDING: WILL BE THE STARTING POING OF THIS ACTIVITY

After talking about Halloween history and traditions, I remembered a video I watched on the Internet that was really funny. So, I have prepared the following activities based on that video for my English classroom. THERE WAS A PROBLEM… I will tell the children that the day before I watched a video that I really loved. I will show them a poster with different words to encourage children to start speaking.

(I can't paste the poster, but it is Halloween theme with the title and four words related to the video: baby boy, halloween, tradition, mummy, problem) If will guide my students with questions, so that they can start talking and make predictions on the story. For example

What Halloween tradition could it be? What could be the problem?...

Later I will show them part of the video where the mum tells the problem, she has eaten her child's candy:



And finally, I would stop it and ask what they think the child reaction is. This a great way to get students talk about feelings, problem solving, relationships with families… There are lots of things to do. STORY TELLING- FOLLOW UP EXERCISE

Another activity we can do, as you told us, could be changing roles, and this time the children in pairs can invent different endings to this problem and represent it in front of the class.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)