'I'M BACKIN' UP, BACKIN' UP, BACKIN' UP' SONG, INSPIRED BY A BRAVE CLERK (MILAGROS LÓPEZ)

 


LEVEL: I have used it for 1º Bachillerato, but it is also perfectly suitable for adults.


My objective was to introduce them some vocabulary related to crime and some past and perfect tenses.

I showed them some words and expressions which appeared in the video and made them talk about what they thought the video was going to be about.

After we had discussed about it, I showed them the images of some of the words they did not know. Then I showed them the video up to the minute when Diana, the witness, talks. At that moment I just allowed them to listen to the woman, but not to see her. Then we talked about this woman.

What was she like?

What did she do for a living?

What was she wearing and so on.

Then we watched the video. I can tell you, all my students have used the word"hoodie" in their exams. By the way, there is a song related to this video which I play sometimes at the end of the session just for fun.

I send you the link.



You can find the lyrics here: https://www.letras.com/the-gregory-brothers/1749949/

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)