THE STOLEN SMELL (GUADALUPE GONZÁLEZ)

 


Level: 6th grade.

Objectives: To create expectation and to encourage students to make predictions

Activities: This exercise will be carried out through the use of story: The stolen smell
First of all, I will show my students the story title, they will have to predict what is the story about.THE STOLEN SMELL
Then I will show them some sentences to create expectations about the story:
The smell from my baked goods makes his bread taste delicious. He should have to pay for such pleasure.

I don’t have enough money to buy anything in your store.

You mean you want me to pay ten coins as a smelling fee?
The judge said “ It’s my duty to listen to what the baker has to say”

he judge sent word to the neighbour that he should bring 5 coins with him.
After discussing their expectations I will read a significant sentence from the text: The judge thougth for a while. Finally he declared: “A smell has been stolen. Since stealing is a crime, the neighbour must be punished.

Then I will ask them the following question: What do you think that happen to lead up to this?

After that, I will extract 3-6 significant sentences from the text, write them on the board and students have to suggest the order in which they occur ( this will make learners think about the plot)
Finally, they will have to complete a gap filling text.
To end the activity, we will read and watch the video about the story to check how accurate have been their predictions.

NOTE: This story can also be found on this website: https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/the-stolen-smell-a-funny-story-to-tell

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)