PLAYING WITH LIGHT AND CASTING WEIRD SHADOWS (SOLEDAD SALÁN)

 


Level: 6th grade.

Objectives: To create expectation and to improve students' creativity and oral expression.

Activities: This exercise will be carried out through the use of story seeds and Wh-questions.

First of all, I will cut these three images,dividing it into two halfs. The part where you can see the people will be one part and their shadows the other part.

I'll show them first, the half where you can see some people in very strange positions.

The students will have to predict what these people are doing:

I wonder who....(are they?) I wonder what....(are they doing?,are they thinking?,thinking about what,?dancing?) I wonder if...(they are feeling sad,happy,anxious,gloomy,depressed...) I wonder when...(sth is going to happen....). I wonder why...

Once students have written a list of "all wonder sentences"I will compile the best ones, so I'll ask the groups questions such as:

Can you explain this image? Where do you think they are and what do you think they are doing?

Then ask students to find answers to all of them.

Finally, I will show the students the other half of the picture with the Chinese shadows made by the people who appeared in the previous half of the picture and then we will check all the predictions they had made.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)