ONE MAN BAND (MARÍA ESTEBAN)

 




I believe this activity would suit students of ESO or Bachillerato, as the language used could be easily adapted to any of those levels, mainly because the video has no conversation, it is just music. As its main objective, I believe it would be to develop storytelling skills, describing characters, settings, linking events...

I would addresss the activity with the video as follows:

1st, I'd show the title of the video ("one man band") and I'd ask students to brainstorm what they thik it will be about.

Then, I'd introduce the setting and characters that appear in it before watching the video (2 musicians and a girl), and I'd ask students to try to guess how they look like and what the relationship between them would be.

After some ideas shared, I'd play the 1st video and I'd ask students to check if their ideas were right, and also to recall and report what has happened. In addition, I would invite them to brainstorm what they thik will happen next.




After discussing ideas, I'd play the 2nd video so as to find out the end of the story. After watching it, we would check whether their predictions were right and I'd invite discussion on topics such as "adults persuading kids" (for upper levels) or "how will you spend your pocket money?" (for lower levels).

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)