OFF THE GROUND (NORA ALONSO)




LEVEL:

Old teens and adults (B1) OBJECTIVES:

- Motivate students and grab their attention.
- Get students talking in English. ( Great ice-breaker activity) - I wonder......
- Wh-words and interrogative structures. - Revise basic vocabulary. ACTIVITIES:

Students are shown three different video stills from three different scenes from the ad. The first still shown corresponds to the scene where the man and the girl (presumably dad and daughter) are greeting someone in the air. At this point the students are asked to write questions with I wonder....

( examples: I wonder why they are greeting? I wonder who or what they are greeting? I wonder if they are related?). The second still shows the flying shed over the rooftops. Students get to ask questions of the sort: I wonder where it is heading?, I wonder who/ what is flying it? I wonder why it's flying?. The third and last still shows the shed soaring up in the sunlit sky. At this point students are asked I wonder what is advertised Throughout the activity student participation and language production is thoroughly encouraged.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

HALLOWEEN (AIDA PRESA)

Presentation of the blog

“WHERE WORDS LEAVE OFF, MUSIC BEGINS" – Heinrich Heine (MARÍA ARIAS)